SPRING 2013 DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: April 3, 2013
Click here for the theme and submission guidelines for Spring 2013.
Restrictions on work submitted:
All categories accept a variety of media—films, photographs, visual art, music, performance, poetry, non-fiction, opinion editorials, essays, screenplays, short stories, gaming, codes etc. Non-fiction word limit is 2000, short stories and screenplays 2500. If you have a type of submission that we haven’t outlined, please talk to us, we want to accommodate new types of submissions.
Accepted file types:
- Photos: .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif
- Stories, essays, poetry, text: .doc, .pdf
- Plays & screenplays: .pdfs
- Audio: Soundcloud links
- Videos (films or performances): Vimeo or YouTube links
How to submit to Sapere Aude
- The submission process is blind; our web administrator removes the names before the editors review submissions to eliminate bias.
- Prior publication is important for your resume and C.V. (Curriculum Vitae, what you use to apply to grad school)
- Sapere Aude provides a platform to learn what is required for publishing. Each submission must be accompanied with a brief statement of intention.
- Sapere Aude is a vehicle to showcase your work and share with the community. Possible collaborations from faculty and fellow students could arise once your work appears in a public forum.
- You are to submit as many pieces as you want per issue. Again, we evaluate blindly, so if it’s all of merit, it will all be published.
- Please note that the cover letter you submit will be published with your submission, if accepted.